Tips to Prepare you for Storms
Thunderstorms have the capacity to cause significant damage. Follow these guidelines to prepare yourself and your family for a possibly dangerous storm. Thunderstorms occur frequently and can cause extensive damage to your house. There are, of course, measures to assist prevent or mitigate any damage. It would be best if you did the following to prepare for a thunderstorm:
- Make an emergency kit and a communication strategy for your family.
- Trees and dead or rotten branches that could fall and cause harm or damage should be removed.
- Outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage should be secured.
- Stay inside your home or in a safe location.
- Secure outside doors and shutter windows.Close window blinds, shades, or curtains if shutters aren't accessible.
Some Interesting Thunderstorm Facts:
- A single thunderstorm can be extremely dangerous if it stays in place for an extended period of time, pummeling a spot.
- Thunderstorms can form in groups or a straight line.
- Warm, humid circumstances greatly aid thunderstorm development.
SERVPRO of Garfield and Pitkin Counties is ready to assist you 24/7 with any emergency, and if you or your family is a victim of a Storm Damage, we are a call away from you.